Engadget hates the Nokia N8, but you already knew that…. [updated]
Go check out “Nokia N8 vs. iPhone 4: camera showdown” on Engadget…
Nokia’s 12MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics and a huge image sensor is obviously not as good as the 5MP camera in iPhone 4….
Hmmmm, what the @$#* is going on?
if you check the images closely, you will notice that:
- the iphone4 HDR is actually enabled, despite Engadget claiming otherwise (take a close look at the picture with the bushes!)
- in some Nokia images, the lenses are in partial zoom
- in some Nokia images, the blurry image is probably due to a moving/shaking hand…
- Some iphone images have been modified by software, some colors have been enhanced (e.g. houses), some have been removed (e.g. the sky).
- if you load the images into an image analysis tool, you will see that the dynamic range, temperature and saturation are not the same for every pictures, which means that the images have been manipulated by some software.
- Engadget seems to avoid situation where the larger N8 lenses have a clear advantage: in darkness
- N8 flickr gorup
- mynokiablog comparision
- N8 vs Canon ixus
- CHECK OUT THE COMMENTS FOR MORE!!!
There have been many other, unbiased, studies of the N8 camera. Just check out the samples below and draw you own conclusions!